Saturday, October 27, 2007

Glassware

A new craft venture for me - wire and glass bead-embellished glassware! We have been planning on doing a similar craft for our MOPS group, though with sterling silver serving spoons (say that 10 times fast) instead of glasses. I have several spoons I have made and they look terrific - why I didn't take a photo of them, I don't know. Anyway, these little babies were done last week, when after making the silverware, I decided I needed more things decorated in the same manner. Really, I just needed something fun and crafty! But seriously, who can resist a set of 4 glasses for $1.97? They're really a bit smaller than I would ideally like (something for, say, a vodka tonic?), but for practice with the technique I am more than pleased with how they turned out. I've been letting them cure all week and plan to run them in the dishwasher tonight to test the glue. Supposedly the glue can withstand water and heat...we'll see about that. If they do hold up, I will post something about what I used to make them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joanna Butchart said...

they are so fantastic will you be selling those on your other blog???