Monday, November 26, 2007

It's been awhile...

Funny how I can go out of town for Thanksgiving and still manage to get behind in so much. Like laundry (ok, I'm always behind on that) and holiday shopping (why is it that it is not even December and I feel like I'm behind already???) and keeping the house in general order. Not like it is ever in order, really, but the busier I get I really neglect this place.

Fortunately, my craftiness has been flowing at a good pace and I am keeping up with my own projects as well as some custom orders. First, please note what I like to call The Happy Fabric...
Ahhh...I feel better just looking at it. I ordered this for a tote bag project for a good friend, and immediately I was struck that it just made me happy. So, so pretty. And wouldn't you know, when I delivered the bag to her she commented how it made her happy! Somehow they must weave little happiness threads right into the fabric itself. Here is the finished bag...
And a few more images of things that have gotten put into the shop recently...
I couldn't resist doing something else with this lovely stuff ... and then there has been some knitting going on...
these warmers...
and these...
and even a few pieces of silverware! It's all rather random, but as I have said before, that is precisely why I like it. I have to admit, I have even been frequently viewing some pottery pieces on Etsy lately...but I keep telling myself that I do not own a kiln and it would take SO much time to get pieces somewhere to get fired! I am working hard at exercising some self-restraint!

2 comments:

Joanna Butchart said...

love the bag i have been looking for that fabric can i ask where you got it from please

Jenny said...

I ordered the Carnival Bloom fabric from jcarolinecreative.com - I had some problems with my order and ended up getting an extra yard overnighted to me from the manufacturer. I don't know if she still has any in stock - I think it's getting harder to find!