Friday, November 2, 2007

Same goblet, different day


goblet closeup
Originally uploaded by j.hoferdesigns
Every time I make something, I wander through my house trying to find the perfect spot for photographing the item. Sometimes I end up outside, where the light is good and the weathered fence looks just...right. One recent photo featured a tote bag hanging from a nail against my red kitchen wall. Striking, yes...but a bit of a pain since it involved taking down the mirror that usually hangs there! So, I keep looking for that just-right place. And it has eluded me thus far. I am hoping this will not be the case anymore, thanks to the lovely peacock-blue poster board I purchased today for 67 cents. When propped just right on my bathroom counter, it looks fabulous as a backdrop! That, combined with a tripod for my camera (I so need to do this more), and voila! The just-right spot.

Oh, and I am proud to introduce my online store, "jenny hofer designs" !!! www.jennyhoferdesigns.etsy.com I am excited about this new venture. I still hope to build business with custom orders...but now I have the storefront I've been meaning to acquire for a long time. Happy shopping, everyone! :)

1 comment:

Joanna Butchart said...

Congratulations. I want to get an online shop. really need to master the photography first. I love that photo it really looks amazing