Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Who Knew?

Yesterday I was scanning the headlines on the internet...and yes, I admit, they were the entertainment headlines, not the hard-core news ones. Unfortunately I do actually have a clue as to what is going on in the lives of today's entertainers! So anyway, I read an article about how Julia Roberts wants my life. No, seriously! OK, not ME exactly, but apparently she would be just like me if she could (yeah right, I don't know if I totally buy it either). She said she would love to be a stay-at-home mom with a little creative outlet like needlework. Um, yep, that pretty much sounds like me. I informed Kirk today that Julia Roberts wants my life, and he said, "Why?" Maybe she and I could work out an occasional trade or something? So hey, Julia, if you're reading this? Have your people call my people and we'll set it all up for, say, next Thursday?

Oh, and a little random yarn-shop happiness today. I got in on a good sale and bought some amazing alpaca yarns, one of which is being turned into a cozy scarf (probably for the shop, not for me) as I write this. No, really, I bewitched my needles to clickety-clack away while I attend to other tasks! Sound Hermione-ish? The best part of my yarn deal, however (besides the alpaca) was the 4 free balls of yarn I got to choose with my purchase. Did I say free? Yes, free! Of course, I had to choose from the clearance bin, but I ended up coming away with a lovely rose-pink blend, kind of ribbon-y, kind of tattered, almost vintage looking. I love it! And at an original price of $12.95 a ball, I think I came away with quite a deal!

1 comment:

Joanna Butchart said...

Hello. Swap with Julia?? I think my hubby would be up for that as well actually. I wouldnt mind doing a hair swap.