Friday, January 25, 2008

Some things just never make it to the shop...

I did another tiered skirt, using Lauren as my size model. My pattern is one that you generate based off of measurements (rather than the pin-and-cut variety of pattern) - and I really was intending this to be an item for the shop. Good idea, right? Cute fabric, very springy, the perfect thing for someone to purchase! That is, until Lauren saw the finished product. "Mom," she said, "can I keep it? Please???" (Puh-leeeeez?????) I said, "we'll see..." and proceeded to let her watch me do the matching appliqued flower on the shirt. Really, I had no chance of listing it with her "helping" me do this part! "Oh, Mom, it's so cute! I love it! Can I keep it? Huh? Huh? Please? Can I???" So, I have relented. Yes, she may keep it.
Here is a closeup of the applique - I sewed it to the wrong side of fusible interfacing, then ironed it on to the shirt. I used pink embroidery thread in a running stitch along the perimeter, and finally finished by fraying the edges. I'm loving the edge detail!

No comments: