Thursday, February 7, 2008

Studio Friday - The Heart of my Studio


I participated in Studio Friday a long time ago...I'm glad to be back! I enjoy the topics and seeing what everyone has to say.

While I would love to say that the heart of my studio is amazing, stellar, super-inspirational, or the like...I have to be honest. The true heart of my studio is my computer. It is my ever-changing source of inspiration and intrigue. Searching blogs and other indie stores I find so many things that make we want to make stuff. It is my marketplace, my marketing device, my storefront and my link to the world. It is because of this rather uninspiring piece of necessary technology that I have found tutorials that help hone my craft; I have formed links with other artisans; I have put myself and my work out there, and I continue to develop that ongoing relationship with the rest of the world. My computer also makes me humble, showing me that I don't know everything, I can't make anything I desire, and some people really can do it better than me.

In reality I have two computers - one is the laptop pictured (new, still learning the ropes) and one is a desktop (the reliable standby, the workhorse, constantly surrounded by mounds of clutter). I loved changing the focus on the camera to capture the computer itself, then the reflection of the snowy branches outside. In a perfect world, that would be my ultimate heart of my studio!

3 comments:

Anke said...

Enjoyed reading your post. I guess the PC is kind of my heart to for inspiration too and connecting with others.
Smiles, Anke ;)

Kendra said...

I really love those designs you have on your side bar(Etsy shop)
I wish I knew how to use a sewing machine! thanks for the comment!

diane B said...

Choosing your Laptop is so cool. I spend hours on my PC looking for images and fonts. But alas it is in the office, not my craft room - so it didn't qualify!