Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Naptime.


So, I have been sick this week. With the flu (yes, the actual influenza virus)...it hit me really hard and finally I am getting back on my feet. It's been a long time since I've battled a fever (up to 103!) with chills, aches, pains, and cold/cough to boot. Yuck! I have learned my lesson and I vow to never forget my flu shot again!

Grace was the other lucky recipient of the sicky virus, though she didn't get it as bad as me. I guess the vaccine (Flu Mist) actually helped her keep from getting too sick. And the fact that by the time she was getting sick I knew what I had, so she (and the other 3 in the house) could get put on anti-virals to prevent more illness. Unfortunately, I was not lucky enough to partake in that and had to get better the old fashioned way!

So, naps have become very important around here again. Like every afternoon, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a stretch (this is me, not Grace!) - though she has fallen back into the habit as well. And today, the day that I was not able to take a nap, she begged me not to go to her room. I said fine, just play quietly (please!). Before long, I realized it was awfully quiet, and turned around and found her like this on the floor. Sound asleep! I tiptoed out and she remained in place for the next hour and a half.

Sleep peacefully, little one, and maybe tomorrow mama can join you - just someplace more comfortable than the floor, okay?

2 comments:

Kagahn said...

See here or here

Joanna Butchart said...

So sorry you have been so ill. It is not easy being ill when you have small children. that photo is so beautiful