Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some new playthings.

Over the past year or so, I have been more and more interested in making little playthings for the kids (OK, really for the girls - I'm at a bit of a loss for what to make as a "plaything" for an 8 year-old boy that doesn't involve electronics). It is also only days away from officially being "summer vacation" and I need need need these kids to be busy! Enter downloadable crafts. I found the link for this on Angry Chicken, who has (as usual) a great trove of info. I'm not quite as detail-minded with these things as I think she may be, but really, does a 3 year-old want mommy slaving over precise cutting, or does she want her paper Victorian park lodge NOW? Yes, we went with the NOW rather than the detail. The house and fence were done with an Xacto, but the people were obviously cut quickly with scissors. Once it was done, Grace was obsessed with fitting all of the horses and people (and house) inside the fence. She has also requested we put together a barn later, so the horses can go to bed. Now, if I could find sets like these that have space aliens or super heroes or something, we might just have an activity that every kid in the house can enjoy. Anyone know of resources? Please share!

4 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Very cool but I would expect nothing less from you!!!

Robyn said...

How darling are those??? That's spectacular. Let me know if you find any space alien/dino/something for boys. :-)

Art By MAR said...

Very cool. Know what you mean--although my daughter wants these types of things NOW and cut perfectly (but she is 10). Your right I have never come across anything like this for boys.

ThePeachTree said...

those are just darling :)