Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finished

So first, here are a few shots of the finished tablecloth. Love, love, love it!


The dining set is a new addition to our house. It has taken us more than 11 years to finally acquire one...not for lack of me trying. I have wanted one for ages, and recently the husband relented. Then, by happenstance my parents offered we could have their table and four chairs, which used to belong to my great-grandparents. Circa 1950's or 1960's I think. So, it's antique but not a super-old set. The best part, though? The chair covers are all needlepoint, done by my Great Grandpa Reed. Each chair is different, too. It will take a large miracle to make sure my kids keep them clean. They have been warned. I'm lucky to have other great-grandparently treasures around the house, too - a small lift-top table, a stool made for me when I was born, even a set of dish towels that were cross-stitched and given to me as a wedding present (heavily used, as Grandma Reed would have intended). Can you imagine making a gift for someone, and knowing that you won't be alive to give it to them? She died when I was 14, so I'm guessing those towels were stashed for a good 15 years! There are so many old handmade goods in the family - we're really lucky that way!

Anyway, other finished business. Here is a tote bag completed today, out of more awesome Amy Butler Belle and Lotus fabrics. Funny, for as much as I love those lines of fabric, I am less crazy about her newer Midwest Modern and her latest home decor line (can't remember the name?). But this, I do love. Very cool for fall. But don't worry, Amy, I still love ya...

2 comments:

magikquilter said...

Love the tablecloth and the bag is cute as always. Isn't it great when the fabric does most of the job for us?

Becca Nelson said...

I love all of the fun colors and patterns that you use! You have a really fun blog and shop! Thanks so much for the link. I'll check back often.