Monday, August 4, 2008

Our little monkey


Yep, that's right, our little monkey fell off the monkey bars and broke her arm. It all happened in mid-July, actually, but I guess I'm only reporting it now because I finally got a picture of her rockin' hot pink cast! The upside? The cast is waterproof. That's right, it can go in the shower, the tub, the pool, and it merely drains and eventually dries out. Some kind of special padding underneath the fiberglass, I guess. Still, that part is awesome. This would have been a HUGE pain (no pun intended) if we had not been able to go to the pool for the last month of summer vacation! But really, it's only been a blip on the radar for the most part. I think Lauren has been enjoying the attention from family and friends, but gets a little freaked out when strangers ask her "what happened to you?" Actually, that freaks me out a little too. And I can't tell you how many people we have met who apparently did the same thing (even on the monkey bars) when they were six.

Oh, and another little newsy bit around the house. Two girls. One bedroom. Shared space. Oh yes, it's happening. More to come!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

tagisa said...

Poor thing, I can only imagine how bad it hurt! *I've never broken a bone* Ouch!