Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Overwhelmed.

The studio has been in dire need of organizing for a looong time. I have been fantasizing lately about how I want it to look...pretty, you know? Maybe a nice color on the wall, some cupboards, a long counter against the window with space on either side of me for the girls...you get the picture. Anyway, I have no idea what prompted me a little while ago to do some tidying. Oh yeah, maybe the fact that the usable space on my cutting table has been reduced to approximately 24 inches in length! When I need to measure or cut I simply shift the teetering pile of fabric slightly to the left and, oh yes, there is the table!

As I have been consolidating piles (and let me tell you there are many) I am becoming overwhelmed with the sheer volume of stuff I have. Fabric especially. From yards and yards of a single print (Amy Butler's Full Moon Dot, just about any color) down to the tiniest scrap, I have so much. I'm not sure why I have this tendency to save each little piece of fabric (maybe so I don't feel like I'm wasting money?) - regardless of why, I think it's time to put a plan into action and start offloading some of this stuff. Maybe I will offer some destash scrap bags in the shop. Yes, that sounds like a good plan!

And the irony of the whole situation - I have to order more fabric tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Do you have any places you could recommend for ordering fabric? I too am a crafter in NE, and the fabric selection at our local shops is really lacking! Any suggestions?
Thanks!