Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 random things.

I wanted to post a sewing tutorial today, but at the moment I don't have the energy for uploading loads of photos! So in the interest of at least posting something, here is my list of "25 Random Things" that I posted on Facebook yesterday. I was tagged (hasn't everyone been tagged with this?) and I was happy to have the excuse to write a few things about myself. Let it be noted that I could keep coming up with items if given the space. I suppose I do have the space here, but your interest will undoubtedly wane. Anyway, here goes...

1. I have a huge sweet tooth.
2. When I was twelve, I decided that someday I was going to have three kids - first a boy, then two girls. And that is exactly what I have now!
3. Kirk and I met at Mulhall's Nursery, where we both worked.
4. Consequently, I love the smell of fertilizer.
5. My first job was at Taco Bell. It was awful.
6. I have always wanted to live in a city that was really close to the mountains. Not so I could hike or ski...just so I could look at them.
7. I love the sound of a vacuum sucking up dirt.
8. Every year, I reread the entire "Little House" series of books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
9. I wish Jamie Oliver was my personal chef.
10. I think Martha Stewart says the word "fantastic" entirely too often.
11. I have two aluminum poles in my dining room at the moment. Tonight, I was asked by friends if they were for Festivus. (They are not. Rather, a craft-show display in the works).
12. I have come to realize that I have sensory issues related to noise. I think it has something to do with being around rowdy children.
13. I love making things.
14. I am a bit of a nut about recycling.
15. Yet I have no problem taking a long, hot shower.
16. I also love photography and am pretty good at it.
17. Someday I want to have family portraits taken by The Image Is Found, based out of Oceanside CA. Guess that means we need to go to San Diego on vacation!
18. I much prefer hot over cold.
19. Every afternoon I drink a cup of tea and read a book, even if it's only for 10 minutes.
20. My household would run perfectly well for a week on batteries and scotch tape.
21. I am currently looking at a stack of papers on the computer desk - including a pet license notice, an investment statement, and folder containing new bank account papers. There are also two skeins of yarn, two digital cameras, circular knitting needles, and scotch tape (see?).
22. When I was little, one wall of my bedroom was covered with rainbow wallpaper.
23. My favorite toy as a child was a doll. I named her Angie, and I still have her. One of her eyes became clouded with dust so I always pretended she was blind in one eye.
24. I am a dog person. Sorry, don't love cats.
25. I have never had braces, nor have I ever had to wear glasses.

1 comment:

Peach said...

I also love the Little House series. I read them all from cover to cover over Spring Break when I was in 5th grade. I should make some time to read them again this year...they really are beautiful books.