Friday, January 16, 2009

Growing.

Little by little, this venture of mine has grown. From home-printed business cards and the first few orders from friends, to Jenny Hofer Designs and Beacon Hill and the Wonderful World of Etsy. I am blessed, I know, to be doing something that I love. It is a gift, and I do not take it for granted. I love the fact that I get to play around and make stuff just like I did when I was nine.

The time has come to grow again, just a bit. I'm making the business legal and taxable (sorry, local friends!) and adding some structure to the way I'm conducting business. I have had ideas in mind for a very long time - why I did not act on them before I'm really not sure! But this is the right time for me, and it is scary and exciting all at the same time.

Once the trade name is approved and the tax stuff is worked out I will unveil a little more, I promise! Thank you to all of you (and you know who you are) who have helped me along the way the past 14 months or so. For making a purchase (or two), for asking "how's the business?" and for the wonderful words of encouragement and praise. I love you all!

p.s. The boy is much better. He had to stay home (that darn 24 hour rule on antibiotics!) and let's just say that at 3:05 this afternoon I was threatening to drop him off at school for the last half hour. Yes, he was back to his old self.

No comments: