Saturday, March 28, 2009

A day off.

Today, I have a day off. From kid-duty, anyway, and I am enjoying it thoroughly so far! I did not have to pour milk for breakfast, nor do I have to wrangle the girls into their leotards or even take them to gymnastics. Kirk has promised he will take them swimming this afternoon as well. When we announced this one-day, Mom-free event to the kids, Reed replied, "But why? It's not Mother's Day." Thanks, buddy, for thinking moms only deserve a day off when it is Hallmark-approved.

As for me, I plan to get some groceries, start reading this book, continue organizing the craft room, and maybe even vacuum a room or two. That's a big maybe.

What are you up to today?

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hmm...I hope you realize that once you start reading that book, the rest of your day will be, effectively, shot. Enjoy it!

Nicole said...

If this is what happens when when you blog about how awesome your husband is, I'd turn it into a weekly feature.