Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cast on.


My favorite needles, Number 10 bamboo, have been sadly empty this winter. I have wanted to start a new knitting project for ages and have gone into the yarn store hoping to hit paydirt - but I always end up leaving empty-handed. No solid inspiration and no specific project have called my name, thus no yarn has whispered "buy me!" when I have idled in front of it. So, it was with surprise and delight that I was contacted through Jenny Hofer Designs awhile ago by a client wanting a Victorian Neckwarmer. She knew which yarn she wanted and it turns out it could only be found in one shop located in the Pacific Northwest. It is beautiful stuff! A silk/merino blend that is so soft and is knitting up nicely. It won't take long to complete, but I have been happy to have a reason to cast on, especially with such a gorgeous fiber. And for a day like today (40's, windy, snow on the way) - well, knitting is a nice way to pass the time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: