Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day.

Did you (or your mom) have a nice Mother's Day?

I did, despite the rocky start. Funny how a simple thing like changing what time you go to church can thoroughly mess up the internal happiness quotient in 2 out of 3 kids. Let's just say that by the time we got to church, I was more than happy to have them go to Sunday school! And then I promptly felt guilty for wanting to ship them off after watching a Mother's Day video which made every single mom in church (myself included) weepy and grabbing for the kleenex. The kids were at least back on an even emotional keel after church and managed to stay delightful through a lovely brunch with my parents. My mom is the best and I love her to pieces!

At this point of the day it was only noon, so we then all headed out to look at a few model homes. Kirk and I are in the beginning stages of planning to sell our house and likely build another...there is so much to consider it can really get my brain spinning! Fortunately, the kids have loved visiting models and enjoy picking out which room they would have. I like the fact that there is generally nothing breakable for them to encounter! Since no one lives in the house, there is no feeling like you're intruding on someone else's space. Anyway, it was fun but by early afternoon I was wiped out!

I did get some great presents - tissue paper flowers from Grace, an artwork plate from Lauren (and a card that she made which read, "You've won 2 million dollers!!!!!!!!) and Reed gave me some original poetry. This is what it said:

J ust plain kind
E tsy addict
N ecessarily nice
N ervous when I get lost
Y oung always

I like the "young always" part! Tell me, how was your special day?

No comments: