Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A creative outing.

I have to admit, I am digging this being home by myself business. The quiet is, well, quiet. I can think. I can eat lunch while reading a book. I can work on iCraft or Jenny Hofer Designs (which re-opened today!) or I can continue to plug away at household projects. Weeds sprayed? Check! Rose bush planted? Check! Kids books organized by size and genre? Check, check, and double check!

Yet I still have the need to get out of the house on a daily basis. I mean, the dog is great and all but she doesn't exactly hold up her end of the conversation! My sanity definitely involves getting out. However, when there are no particular errands to be run I am stuck thinking, "I want to get out. But what do I go do?"

Today, I got out and did some product photography, kind of on a whim. I went to a local arboretum with a handful of tote bags, searching for the perfect place to get some good shots. I felt a little self-conscious when the landscaping crews kept driving back and forth around me, but maybe they're used to seeing women carting around colorful bags and propping them up on trees! Anyway, it was fun. Getting out of the home element of my studio space and racks of fabric is a perfect way to feed my creative spirit.

Here are a few of my favorite shots. Of course I couldn't resist the landscaping either!

No comments: