Monday, October 12, 2009

Work.

I remind myself that I am lucky. I sit here in my pajamas, coffee by my side, snow outside the window (again, sigh), while conversing through my laptop with a woman in Ukraine about a fabric order. Later I will cut and package an order to be sent to France, another to go to Singapore. Am I really a worldly woman of international business? Or just a gal in pj's with some fabric to sell?

I love this little business of mine. Yet, with all three kids at school and a college degree sitting dormant, there is a part of me that is feeling left behind. I've been looking into re-entering the official work force and truthfully, it scares me! I have been home for almost 10 years! I feel like a 34 year-old dinosaur with very few qualifications. I can make a mean PB&J, and I can predict how high a fever is quite accurately with just a kiss to the forehead...but I don't think those skills will translate well to a resume.

I am lucky. I know this. I don't have to find a job today, and I can be picky in regards to what I want to pursue. And in the meantime I can sell some fabric, all from the comfort of my pj's.

No comments: