Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am humbled by the many, many things I have to be thankful for. It can be easy to remember the big things in life, but how often do we really ponder our basic needs and how lucky we are to have them?

Today, I am thankful for the simple and quietly normal life I lead.
I have a solid house that is comfortable and safe.
I can turn the heat up when it gets cold.
I can go to the grocery store and pay for a cart of groceries any time I want.
I am not hungry.
I have a reliable car.
I can pay for gas in the same way I pay for my groceries.
I have wool socks on my feet.
I have a bin full of hats and scarves and gloves.
I have a husband who loves me.
I have three children who love me, too.
We are all healthy.
My husband has a good job.
I have wonderful friends.
I live in a free country.

I could go on. I am blessed to live this life, and sometimes I question why I am allowed to enjoy a simple and comfortable life when others cannot. I guess instead of questioning why, I will instead simply trust God in His plan for my life and continue to be thankful every day!

No comments: