Sunday, March 13, 2011

Crafting, and a good book.

I'm so excited to share a craft project I've been working on over the past month or so. Alas, I cannot just yet, as I am waiting to reveal it at an upcoming dinner at church. Let's just say I have mastered an ancient art...pictures to come, probably after the dinner.

And, I have had the great pleasure of enjoying a really, really good book this week. The Art of Racing in the Rain is the lovely story of a family...as narrated by the family's dog. Poignant, funny, sad at times, with more than a little truth about the lives we lead and share with our animals. It was a joy to be immersed in fiction again.

On a side note related to fiction: after moving to our new house, we are now in a new county and have to PAY to have a library card. It's $75 bucks a year! Highway robbery, I tell you!

1 comment:

Nicole Crawford said...

You have peaked my curiosity and I'm pondering what ancient art this could be. Interesting.

Bummer about the library card. Are kid cards the same price?