Saturday, October 29, 2011

Knitting, the next generation.




I have been trying to spend more time unplugged lately, so the knitting needles were pulled out this week after a long hiatus. I started working on a chunky gray lace patterned scarf for myself, and while doing so I heard, "Mo-o-o-o-m??? Can you teach me to knit?" This from Grace...how could I say no? We sat down and I taught her the basics of a knit stitch. Poor yarn choice and skinny needles equaled quick frustration for both of us! So, today we tried again with thick needles and chunky yarn and she has been going like gangbusters all day. I'm so proud of her! Less than 24 hours and she is well on her way to a knitted scarf. Of course, Lauren decided to get in on the action too so needles are flashing and clicking all over the place. It
pleases me to know that my girls are learning at the same age I did, and my mom before me.



No comments: